Monday, June 14, 2010

Student Athlete (학생선수)

One student who was in my class last semester was a student athlete (sprinter). I did not know how good she was. When I was reading a newspaper (June 12, 2010), I popped my eyes open, as I saw that she made a front line in the Sports section. The report said that she won 여자 800 meters at the NCAA outdoor Track and Field (육상) Championship. WOW. That is a big deal... More amazingly, she was an A-student in my class; other faculty also commented that she did very well in their classes, too.

During the semester, she often made excuses for missing the tests due to the competition events and requested make-up tests. At first, I thought she was one of the mediocre students who used to make up excuses and procrastinate tests. Most of student athletes whom I've seen so far were usually this case. Then when I graded her tests, I was surprised at her high scores. Considering that student athletes have to spend a fair amount of time for training and participating in the competition events, it is not easy for them to keep up with the courses, let alone high grades. Anyway, it was very refreshing, and she should be the best role model for other student athletes. ~°|°~

No comments:

Post a Comment