Tuesday, June 8, 2010

e-mail 공포증

I have an email-phobia that discourages me to open email accounts. A colleague of mine estimated that we get an average 25 emails per day. Perhaps half of them are junk or irrelevant, and the other half requires my full or partial or immediate attention, which distract me significantly from what I am doing now.

I saw, for the first time, the emailing system about 20 years ago. My roommate, who was then a graduate student in electrical engineering, used emails via a modem. It was totally cool to see that you can send/receive things through a cable. Yet it took me another 10 years to start using my own emails. Back then, I had received perhaps 1 or 2 emails per week. Now I have a secondary email account, blog, and Facebook --. WOW. Its 장족의 발전? Ironically, despite this much advanced communication tools available, people in this world do not seem to communicate as efficiently as before. It became very rare to receive a Christmas card via snail mail. I miss old and slow days... °|°

No comments:

Post a Comment