Monday, August 29, 2011

the longest name of the city

One of my hobbies is to browse the printed maps.  I love maps.  It does not mean I am a traveler.  Quite contrary, I don't like traveling far and long, as I feel insecure in strange places.  But I love browsing maps.

While I was skimming the map of State of New Mexico, I found an interesting name in Southern NM.

"Truth or Consequences"


What the heck is that?
This is a city in the state of New Mexico.  For short, it is indicated as 'T or C'.

So how did it get this bizarre name?
The city's  original name was 'Hot Springs".  Then it changed to 'T or C' after a famous radio game show in 1950.  Well, click the link below for more information.

http://www.torcfiesta.com/past-fiestas

2 comments:

  1. 와. 그렇잖아도 일기예보보면 나오는 도시가 T or C 입니다.
    뭐 도시 이름을 저렇게 지었데 하고 궁금해 하다가 지금은 긍갑다 하고 지나쳤는데
    참 별것을 다 알아내시네요. ㅎㅎㅎ
    덕분에 재밌는 정보를 얻었네요. 감솨 ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. 매년 fiesta 열린다니, 함 구경가시게 되면 어떠했는지 소감바람니다.

    ReplyDelete