Monday, July 5, 2010

The fourth of July

This year again, a dazzling firework decorated the sky of the Independence Day. In the city where I am living, Independence Day festival is held annually in downtown. More than 100,000 people enjoy a lot of events and celebrate American Independence from British. At night, the city orchestra plays musics that boost American patriotism. At the end of the performance, it is a tradition that the orchestra plays '1812 overture' as a finale. Shortly before the end of the overture, fireworks begin and continue for about 20 min.

For many years in the past, this day has been just an event that provided us with something to see and enjoy a night. However, I am not sure when I, as a Komerican, will be able to accept and celebrate 'sincerely' this day as a memorable holiday. Such an emotion might not occur to me in my life, but at least I am 'trying' to make positive contributions to this society and country to where I am belong now. ~°|°~

2 comments:

  1. I remember a question by INS inspector who interviewed me for my citizenship. He asked, "Are you willing to fight for this country if we go to a war with Korea?" My hesitation paused the interview for a very long time. Even though I replied with "yes" but am not still be sure about my answer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. I remember the same question. I forgot how I answered. It was a very tough question.

    ReplyDelete